Aside from real estate, financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, retail, wholesale and construction contribute $21 billion, $17 billion, $16 billion, $15 billion, $13 billion, and $10 billion respectively. Manufacturing in Phoenix is spread across multiple sectors covering high tech, aerospace, chemicals and consumables. Within its diverse economy, Phoenix is a strong employment engine which provides a stable tax base for its city coffers. Employment rates have rebounded in the post recession economy to a strong showing among the country’s largest employment markets. Arizona ranks in 7th
The US military has a presence in Phoenix. As such there is a correspondingly large aerospace and defense industry that caters to this. Luke AFB brings in federal dollars and the sub-economy of catering to military personnel around the southwestern part of the city is significant economic advantage.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Phoenix, AZ furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Located in the midst of the Sonoran Desert, Phoenix experiences a desert climate. Summers, which tend to be hot, can easily breach the 100 degree mark for most of the summer between May and October. Even the nights here can be warm, uncharacteristic of most deserts. Rainfall is minimal throughout the year and averages less than 7 inches for the entire year. There is a monsoon season characterized by thunderstorms and flooding. Fall temperatures average a high of 85° in October, then continues to cool down to lows of 61° in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Phoenix, AZ corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Phoenix, AZ corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Phoenix’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The land that Phoenix now stands used to be inhabited with a tribe called the Hohokam. They inhabited this area for over two millennia, and in that time the developed and built more than one hundred miles of canals to irrigate their farmlands.
Many of the modern canals that were built when the European population inhabited the area, were built along these old canals, some went alongside, while theirs were retrenched and repaired. The Central Arizona Canal Project was on such modern project that made use of the Hohokam architecture.
Jack Swilling was one of the forward thinking veterans of the Civil War that saw huge potential in the area surrounding Phoenix and the Salt River Valley for the purpose of farming. The idea became reality not long after and Lord Darrell Duppa coined the name to symbolize the rising of new from the ashes of the old. The town of Phoenix was first recognized by county in 1868 and the local post office was established soon after.
Phoenix became the capital of the State of Arizona in February 1912 and soon after experience rapid growth. It was known for its warm climate and for its entertainment. That changed during the Second World War when Phoenix became a major distribution center.
Places to Eat Near Phoenix Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Phoenix, AZ furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Harumi Sushi on W Adams St.: Harumi is a popular Japanese restaurant that serves contemporary sushi and Japanese flavors amidst a comfortable and clean dining atmosphere. They are open for lunch between 11 and 2pm, then again for dinner between 5 and 9pm. Prices are average and portions are sufficient. Try the Oh My God Roll.
- Postino Arcadia on E Campbell Ave.: Postino is an Italian restaurant and wine bar. They have a wide selection of Italian deli favorites and a comprehensive wine cellar. They are open daily till 11pm. Prices are moderate.
- Little Miss BBQ on University Dr.: Specializing in BBQ this place is a popular favorite with the locals. They serve large portions for prices that range between $11 and $30 for a large meal. They are open daily for an extended lunch between 11am and 4pm. There is convenient parking.
- Bertha’s Cafe on E Indian School Rd.: Bertha’s is a bakery and sandwich shop combined, specializing in breakfast, brunch and lunch. They open at 7.30 m daily and end at 3.30 pm. They are closed on Sundays.
- Nami on N7th St.: Nami is a vegan spot that creates popular desserts and pastries along with bakery products, a well as a place to sit down and enjoy it all. Their dairy substitute is soy, and so all their ice creams and blizzards are called Tsoynamis. Try it, it is popular here.
Things to Do in Phoenix
Stepping out of your Phoenix, AZ temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
- Performing Arts Theater: The Phoenix Symphony Hall is an ideal place to take up season passes as it is home to the Phoenix Symphony Orchestra, the Arizona Opera Company and the Ballet Arizona. Performances are rotated between the three and there are also visiting performances during the year.
- Museums: The Phoenix Art Museum is a popular cultural icon in Phoenix. It was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and is reputed to be one of the most interesting pieces of architecture that was built and completed in one year. Today the museum is active throughout the year hosting festivals and independent films. Its collection of visual art is extensive and rotated throughout the year.
- Parks: The Desert Botanical Garden is a unique park that showcases the flora and fauna, indigenous to the local desert area and features a number of sections containing plant life from desserts from around the world. The garden opened in 1939 and has since then seen tremendous growth in terms of size and variety on display.
Whatever your reason for visiting Phoenix, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Phoenix, AZ that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.