Springfield IL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Springfield, IL corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need that you may have. Contact us today to have one of our housing specialists provide you with a corporate apartment package in your desired area of Springfield, IL.
First Time in Springfield, IL
Springfield, IL corporate housing residents in town on business might appreciate a some information about the city’s business environment. Being the state capital of Illinois, the city's primary operations are involved with the responsibility of governing. The state and federal government are the largest employers in the county and the city. With the federal government deploying a number of federal agencies and the State housing all of its machinery here, more than 30,000 people in the area gain employment from public sources.In terms of academics, Springfield is home to the University of Illinois and the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine. The two universities have heavy enrollment form local and regional students as well as a strong International student population, bringing outside finds to the city.Besides government and academics, the next area of the economy is the medical and healthcare sector. Memorial Medical Center, St Johns Hospital and Springfield clinic are all part of the top ten sources of employment in the city.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to a Springfield, IL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Springfield experiences a continental climate that is humid and influenced, in part, by the planes. Spring is cool with temperatures between 52°F in March and 75° in May. Summers peak at 86°F in July. Fall temperatures reach lows 43° in October, then cools to lows of 33° in November. Winters are frigid, stretching from mid November to early March with lows in the 20s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Springfield, IL corporate apartment to enjoy the myriad outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in corporate housing in Springfield, IL need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Springfield’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Springfield takes tremendous pride for being one of the places that Lincoln lived in his early days. Lincoln began his career in New Salem, where he was elected to the Illinois Legislature. He arrived in Springfield as a politician and a lawyer. Lincoln spent most of his time in Springfield and supported its ascension to state capital in 1837.The railroad arrived in the early 1850s and that saw an increase in activity and commerce on top of the management of state business.During the Civil War, Springfield increased its activity. Much of the Illinois training for its regiments happened here under Ulysses Grant. There was tremendous support from the business community in terms of finances for the Union's cause.Col. Elmer Ellsworth, a Springfield resident, was the first person to die, officially, in the Civil War. After the war, Springfield rose to further prosperity and was the hub of activity with the railroad system and farming.
Places to Eat in Springfield
Although all of Almost Home’s Springfield, IL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, our clients still enjoy dining out. You might want to give following restaurants a try:
- Grad School on S Jefferson Ave: An inexpensive greasy spoon dive that excels at burgers. They also serve beer and wine in a tight and cramped space that's a little on the old side. However, the focus here is on the food. Try the Full Ride, a burger that is filled with melted cheddar and caramelized onions on double beef patties.
- The Big Easy on E Sunshine St: An inexpensive restaurant that specializes in Cajun and Creole food. They cater to a casually attired crowd and offer take-out and easy parking. The food here is a favorite among those in the neighborhood with items like Sweet Potato Fries and Gumbo and Roast Beef Po Boys.
- Aviary Cafe and Creperie on E Walnut: The place specializes in crepes. They are open between 8am and 9pm daily and until 11 pm on the weekends. Prices are average and parking is easy. They have a full bar as well and present a hip and trendy environment. It's a place designed for lunch and for dessert any time of the day.
- The Grotto on E Battlefield Rd: The Grotto is a traditional bar that is priced affordably. They are open daily till 9pm, and 8pm on Sundays. They offer a lunch and dinner menu as well as beer and wine. Patrons are usually attired casually and the locals favor the pizzas and Gorgonzola Salad. They are vegan friendly.
- Tortilleria Perches on W Sunshine St: This is a Mexican restaurant with authentic dishes and cheap prices. They are open for lunch and dinner and offer beer and wine from the bar. There is indoor and minimal outdoor seating. There is ample parking in the vicinity and they accept credit cards.
Things to do in Springfield
Stepping out of your Springfield, IL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Springfield or needing temporary, corporate housing, Almost Home is your best choice to provide you with a Springfield, IL furnished apartment that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page to receive a quote.
- Museum: The Illinois State Museum is a custodian of Illinois culture and history dating back to prehistoric and archaeological finds. There is a trove of artifacts that represent recent as well as ancient history with documented history, photographs and dioramas all relating to the area.
- Theater: The Hoogland Center on 6th St is a contemporary performing arts theater that showcases some of the loved classics, mixed with bold contemporary visual arts. Broadway shows routinely tour through this theater and the local performances fill in the other times. There are also local orchestras and plays that perform here.
- Golf: The Long Bridge Golf Course on Camp Sangamon Rd is a 9-hole public course designed by Merle Buerkett Sr. It was built in 1989 with championship tees flying 2,834 yards across a par 36 course.
- Parks: The Lincoln Memorial Garden and Nature Center is a center that mimics and portrays the landscape that Lincoln would have grown up surrounded by in Kentucky. It is a 100-acre site that has 6 miles of walking trails amidst lush, mature forests with benches along the way inscribed with Lincoln's quotes.
Request a Quote