Clearwater FL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Clearwater, FL corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Clearwater, FL Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
To help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Clearwater we provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Clearwater, FL corporate housing clients in town on business might appreciate some information about the city’s business life. Clearwater is a tourism destination and a year round stream of tourists form part of the city's economic engine. This engine is driven by the various hospitality, dining and entertainment sectors that form the basis of the tourism industry. In addition to that, the real estate and construction industries are also returning to becoming top earners and contributors to the economy. After a slowdown and contraction in the wake of the recession, new housing starts and resale values have seen increases in indices and real numbers. Because Clearwater's economy is hinged on the rest of the nation doing well, it is taken as a bellwether for how the rest of the nation is doing.Real estate demand is expected to increase due to a number of reasons. The main driver, aside from tourism, is the migration patterns of the rest of the country and the economic ability for those who plan to move here. As the economy improves and the population ages, there is a significant pull to Clearwater specifically, and Florida in general.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Clearwater, FL furnished apartment is somewhat contingent on the local climate. Clearwater experiences tropical weather with coastal influences pushing its temperatures to Spring's 75°F in March warming to 85° in May. Summers are characterized by warm and humid conditions with temperatures reaching 90° in July and August. Fall averages 81° in October and cools down to lows of 59° in November. Winter stretches from December to January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Clearwater, FL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Clearwater, FL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Clearwater’s history by skimming our brief historical summary provided below.Clearwater was originally home to native tribes including the Tocobaga and was cherished for its clear, gurgling waters of the spring that flowed into the bay. The spring no longer exists. The springs gave rise to the area being referred to as Clear Water Harbor until the name changed to Clearwater Harbor in 1895 and finally to just Clearwater in 1906.The area traces European history to as far back as Narvaez's arrival in 1528. De Soto only made it to Tampa Bay 11 years later. The Federal Occupation Act of 1842 gave settlers 160 acres of land to whoever wished to cultivate is. James Stevens and Samuel Stevenson were the first settlers that benefited from this law.Clearwater was incorporated in 1915 and a library was built a year later. The library was the result of a grant given by Andrew Carnegie. Clearwater began to take prominence as a tourist destination in the early 20th century after basic infrastructure and conveniences sprang up.
Places to Eat Near Clearwater Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Clearwater, FL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our housing clients still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Cristino's Coal Oven Pizza on S Fort Harrison: A gourmet pizza restaurant that is affordable. They are open for lunch and dinner and serve beer and wine as well. The wait staff is capable and can handle the large crowds easily. The food comes in large portions and the tastes are a mix of authentic Italian recipes with American flavors. Try the Margherita Pizza then the Pistachio Gelato for dessert.
- Rumba Island Bar and Grille on Gulf to Bay Blvd: Rumba is a relaxing and casual place that is priced below average and has a full lunch and dinner menu. The full bar includes cocktails and mix drinks that are popular at happy hour. The Jerk Chicken and the Grouper Sandwich are great lunch choices.
- Gorditas Don Huicho on Drew St: Gorditas is a casual Mexican restaurant that focuses on delivering great dishes at below average prices. The restaurant is clean and the food is adequately presented. The tastes here are authentically Mexican and the ingredients are fresh.
- Pierogi Grill on Gulf to Bay: Pierogi's is a Polish American grill with traditional Polish delights and tastes served fresh daily. They offer average priced meals in large quantities. Parking is easy and there is take-out.
- Bros Pizzeria on Fort Harrison Ave: A casual Italian pizzeria with authentic small town Italian tastes. Prices are cheap and the pies are made from fresh ingredients. The crusts are well made and the restaurant is clean. Good service is characteristic in this place that offers take out and delivery as well.
Things to do in Chapel Hill
Stepping out of your Clearwater, FL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Clearwater, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a Clearwater, FL furnished apartment that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Clearwater Historical Society is focused on preserving and displaying to the public, historical artifacts and documents that celebrate the history and importance of the Clearwater area and people that were instrumental in the founding and development of the town. They are located on South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
- Theater: Ruth Eckerd Hall is a world class theater that presents performances that range from classical to contemporary, and seasonal to classy. They have headliners like Shawn Colvin and the Glenn Miller Orchestra to The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and Johnny Mathis. The Center is a nonprofit organization.
- Golf: Cove Cay Country Club is a tropical themed course with palm trees and ocean vistas highlighting the coastal course. It is a par 70 course that flies 6,202 yards from the back tee. There is at least one water feature in 12 of its 18 holes. Aside from the course, there is a full bar at the clubhouse, and a dining room overlooking the bay.
- Parks: Bay Park on Sand Key is a coastal park that features white sand walking trails and sea breeze, making it an ideal place to walk. There are two tennis courts that operate from dawn to dusk and bike racks to leave your bike. There are some other conveniences like public restrooms and water fountains as well.
Request a Quote
Activities To Enjoy While Staying in Clearwater Corporate Housing
There are many things that you might enjoy in Clearwater, FL. Here some interesting places are being noted for your help to have a minimum knowledge about Clearwater.
If you are interested in nightlife, you have to go to Tampa. Most of the nightlife locations are situated here.
- Hide Park Cafe a nightclub, regarded as an interesting place, with good music.
- Pier 60, Clearwater beach is another interesting place for nightlife. It is opened from 7:00 pm to 10:00 or 11:00 pm. In winter it is opened only on weekends.
- Shepherd's Resort and Restaurant is close to the water and a very neat and clean place.It has a bar outside and a band that plays on weekends and sometimes on workdays.
- The bar or restaurant at the Marriott hotel on Sand key is a beautiful place to have coffee with piano serenading in the background.
- In Dunedin you will get a nice community atmosphere. Its a cool place for hanging out. It has some incredible restaurants that you will love.
Fun Activities and Sports:
There are huge opportunities to have fun in Clearwater while you are in one of our corporate apartments. It's all up to you and your preferences. Clearwater has been consistently rated as the number two or three beaches in the U.S.
- If you are interested in scuba diving, Mac's Diving offers regular day and weekend trips. There is many things to do underwater within a few hours drive from Clearwater.
- You can rent kayaks from Crystal River Area which is one and a half hours away from Clearwater. It is the most enjoyable wild animal adventure ever! You can also rent kayaks from Dunedin and have a little adventures in the nearby islands.
- Caldesi island is also nearby, which has a large beach area. The only way to get there is by water. You will feel that you are in a deserted tropical island when you will be there. In workdays if you go there you will notice that there is no one in miles of area. If you are fond of fishing, you will be happy to know that it is a famous place for fishing.
- You can swim early in the morning, ride on bicycle through Pinellas trail that are most enjoyable.