Tampa Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide array of Tampa corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your preferred area of the city.
Tampa Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Tampa and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Tampa, FL corporate housing residents in this city on business might appreciate some business information about area. The Tampa economy is supported by the cities involvement in the retail, defense, transportation, and tourism industries. From a corporate perspective, Tampa hosts numerous corporations, including headquarters of Fortune 500 companies as well as representative offices of some of America's largest banks, brokerages, insurance and defense contractors.The Department of Defense is a major source of Tampa's cash flow, with MacDill AFB located in Tampa. The AFB provides two sources of growth for the city, one in terms of direct spending by the base, and the second is from the goods and services supply to men and women of the military. MacDill houses approximately 15,000 active servicemen.In terms of tourism, there is a large selection of mid and high end hospitality outlets as well as economy and budget hotels that cater to the full gamut of tourists arriving into Tampa.In terms of the logistics business, Tampa is currently the seventh largest container port by tonnage, in the country. More than half the shipments that pass through the state of Florida arrive through Tampa's port.
Knowing what to wear when outside your Tampa furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Tampa is typically characterized as experiencing a tropical climate that is humid and influenced by both its latitude and its coastal location on the Gulf of Mexico. Spring is warm with temperatures between 76°F in March and 87° in May. Summers peak at 90°F in July and August. Fall temperatures reach 84° in October, then cools to lows of 60° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from mid December to January with lows in the 50s. So, be sure to dress appropriately—usually for warm weather--and then venture out of your Tampa, FL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Tampa corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a total outsider. Acquaint yourself with Tampa’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided.The area was originally explored by Narvaez and de Soto, two Spanish conquistadors who were the beginning chapter of most of Florida's peninsula. When they arrived they found evidence of an earlier tribe of Tocobaga settlements around the Tampa Bay area. The Spanish attempt to Catholicize the natives was not well received. The diseases that followed the Spanish and the Europeans annihilated most of the villages and there is evidence that shows Tampa Bay was left deserted for 200 years after the first Spanish arrival.In 1823, the Treaty of Moultrie was responsible for an Indian reservation in the central portion of the peninsula. This led to the frontier outpost that would eventually become Tampa. It was headed by Colonel George Mercer Brooke and James Gadsden and was erected at the site of present day convention center. It was originally referred to as Fort Brooke.
Places to Eat Near Tampa Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Tampa, FL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making food preparation both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following dining establishments a try:
- Datz on S MacDill Ave: Datz is a trendy pub that serves interesting entrees and desserts amidst a bar that serves a wide variety of beers. Prices are average and the energy is high, especially for dinner. The restaurant serves brunch, Lunch and dinner until 11pm on most days and 3pm on Sundays. Try their famous Chicken and Waffles.
- Ella's Americana Folk Art Cafe on N Nebraska Ave: Located in the Seminole Heights neighborhood, this new age cafe has a full bar with cocktails, beer and wine. Prices are average and they are open till midnight on Fridays and Saturdays, and 11pm on other nights. There is free Wi-Fi in the restaurant. Try the dark chocolate covered bacon.
- Oxford Exchange on W Kennedy Blvd: Oxford's specializes in breakfast, brunch and lunch and serves its menu amidst a library setting, within a bookstore. The concept is designed to be trendy and the patrons are dressed casually but dressed well. There is street parking. There is Wi-Fi, but there is a small fee to use it.
- Bern's Steakhouse on S Howard Ave: Bern's is an expensive, top of the line, classy steakhouse that serves choice meats in a setting that is well designed. The food is presented well and the staff is well trained. There is an extensive wine list and they allow tours into the cellar. Try the French Onion Soup.
- Mermaid Tavern on N Nebraska Ave: Mermaid's is a neighborhood wine bar that has a fairly long list of local, domestic and regional wine at affordable prices. They serve food that mostly pairs with their wine list. There is a healthy beer selection as well. They promote a hip environment.
Things to do in Tampa
Stepping out of your Tampa temporary housing is certain to present you with many interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Tampa, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Tampa, FL that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing quote request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Tampa Museum of Art located in Gasparilla Plaza has a serious collection of permanent artifacts from the Greek collection including works by Menelaos Painter . These artifacts, just a few of many, date back at least 500 BC. There is also a serious collection of Roman and post roman artifacts that represent the passage of taste in art over the course of history.
- Theater: The David A Straz Center in Tampa features a full range of performances and programs that range from comedy plays to professional presentations. Violin duets and contemporary ballet are balanced with symphonies and classical ballet. The Straz is located on N W.C. MacInnes Place on the banks of the Hillsborough River.
- Golf: The Westchase Golf Club is considered one of the area's best courses. The course hugs its way through numerous lakes and slopes It is designed by Lloyd Clifton and sees varying foliage along its route of play.
- Parks: The Ballast Point Park located on Interbay Blvd sits by the coast and has a pier. There are shelters in case of rain and grills for barbecues and picnics. There are a number of concession stands and a playground for kids. There is also a boat ramp.
Request a Quote
Six Tampa Corporate Housing Areas to Consider
You may want to explore the different neighborhoods by living in a corporate apartment. If you are looking for a furnished apartment in Tampa, here are seven suburbs that you may want to consider:
- Land O'Lakes: The subdivision of Carpenter's Run in Land O'Lakes was used for filming Edward Scissorhands. If you like upscale, cookie cutter suburbs then choose Land O'Lakes corporate housing.
- Brandon: Brandon is Tampa's premier bedroom community. It also has many fine restaurants.
- Bradenton: Bradenton is located on Highway 41 between Sarasota and Tampa. A popular subdivision in the area is Lakewood Ranch.
- Sarasota: Located on the Sarasota Bay, the beautiful beaches of Sarasota will keep you relaxed and happy during your stay.
- Clearwater: Clearwater has wonderful community events such as the Imagine International Film Festival and the Clearwater Jazz Holiday.
- St. Petersburg: St. Petersburg has many museums, including the Salvador Dali museum and the children's museum. The St. Petersburg pier is a popular tourist destination.
- Valrico: Business Week magazine named Valrico one of the 25 Best Affordable Suburbs in the South. Boasting a commute into Tampa of less than 30 minutes, a low violent crime rate and excellent schools, it's easy to see why.