Fort Myers FL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Fort Myers corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Fort Myers Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Fort Myers and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Fort Myers, FL for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The Fort Myers economy is based on tourism and housing as well some minor corporate activity. With the bursting of the housing bubble during the last recession, Fort Myers was a significant victim. The turnaround has been slow but it has materialized. Home starts and real estate which dominate the economy are on the rebound and the secondary markets are also starting to pick up.Fort Myers is actively looking to attract wealthy individuals and families to relocate to the city and with that intention there are a number of infrastructure development projects that are in the pipeline. As part of the strategy, the local airport, the Southwest Florida Airport is an integral part of the redevelopment process and one of the lynchpins in the relocation plans.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Fort Myers, FL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Fort Myers experiences a tropical warm climate with constant rain throughout the year. Fort Myer’s warm spring with temperatures--between 56°F in February to 89°--are tempered by coastal factors. Summers are characterized by temperatures reaching 92° in June, July and August. Significant convective rainfall is experienced in the late afternoons almost daily. Fall temperatures average 81° in November, then cools down to lows of 56° in December. Winter stretches from December to early January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Fort Myers, FL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Fort Myers, FL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Fort Myers’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The area was originally occupied by Seminole Indians who were against the idea of incoming migrants planning to settle on their land. In response to this, the Seminoles continuously waged war on the settlers and kept the area unstable. Fort Dulany and other forts in the vicinity were tasked with protecting the settlers and control the warring tribes. The original fort tasked with that was washed away by a hurricane and forced the army to consider building in another location. They decided to build Fort Harvie in the town's present location, and it was completed in 1850. As soon as construction was complete, the fort was renamed Fort Myers after Col. Abraham Myers, the fort's sounder and commander. The fort was eventually abandoned in 1858.Eight years after it was abandoned, Fort Myers was visited by Manuel Gonzalez. They inhabited the old fort and were the first of the new settlers that resulted in continuous operations till it became a city.
Places to Eat Near Fort Myers Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Fort Myers furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Clam Bake on S Tamiami Tri: Clam Bake is a homely seafood restaurant that specializes in fresh catch and tasty flavors. They are best suited for lunch, but are open for dinner as well. There is no bar, but they do serve beer and wine. The wait staff here is friendly and the prices are average with portions being generous. The Lobster Bisque is a favorite here. Try the Fried Ipswich Clams.
- Fancy Southern Cafe on Salrose Ln: This is a southern style, rich comfort food place that serves waffles heaped in syrup and chicken. The Fried Green Tomatoes are delicious and one of the local favorites. It's a good place for dinner and has beer and wine but not a full bar.
- El Gaucho Inca Restaurant on Colonial Blvd: El Gaucho is a fancy steakhouse that serves artistically presented American fare. The flavors are inspired by South American recipes and the result is a unique combination of dishes like the Peruvian desserts to the Pescado a lo Macho. The prices are average and there is free WiFi. The bar serves beer and wine and the waiters are friendly.
- Fat Katz on Daniels Interstate Ct: Fat Katz is a fun sports bar that serves a large selection of craft beers, and burgers that match the beer, with good entertainment. The menu is well suited for a full meal or to accompany the beer during the game. There is music in the background and on game nights the place is energetic. The best nights aside from game night is Thursday and Friday.
- Crave on McGregor Blvd: Crave is an American French fusion restaurant that has beer and wine on its menu. There is free Wi-Fi in the restaurant. The restaurant offers take-out, but not delivery. It's fairly priced but the portions are huge. Parking is easy and the attire is casual.
Things to do in Fort Myers
Stepping out of your Fort Myers, FL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Fort Myers, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Fort Myers, FL that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Southwest Florida Museum of History located on Jackson St is an entertaining location dedicated to the understanding of history of the area and of humanity. There is an emphasis of history and the role Fort Myers has played in the growth of the region.
- Theater: The BB Mann Performing Art Theater is a chic and contemporary theater with performances that reflect local as well as national talent. You will find performances by Women of Ireland and the Southwest Symphony as well as performances like the Sound of Musicals and Michael Bolton.
- Golf: The Eastwood Golf Course on Bruce Herd Lane is a Bruce Devlin design built in 1977. It features a par 72 18-hole course located just minutes from the Airport. The course is laid out spaciously over 150 acres of untouched land and tropical tranquility.
- Parks: Rutenberg Park is located on South Point Blvd. It is set on 40 acres of open space and has a football field, baseball fields, 8 tennis courts and 2 handball courts. there is also a small pavilion and basketball hoops around the park.
Request a Quote