Naples, FL corporate housing residents in town on business might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The Naples economy is largely based on the retail and tourism industries. There is also an inordinate number of non-profit organizations in the area, specifically to take advantage of the high disposable income of the average resident in Naples. Real estate is also a major sector that brings in revenue to the city.
In terms of tourism, the tourists here can be characterized by the kind of hotels that are in the area. You will find the Waldorf Astoria Naples, and the Ritz-Carlton providing high-end stays for affluent tourists. Naples, sitting on the Gulf Coast, has one of the best beaches in the country with pristine white sand and votes as one of the top beaches in the country by the Travel Channel. There are also more than 50 championship golf courses in the Naples vicinity.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Naples, FL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Naples experiences tropical weather that is warm and humid for most of the year. Spring is warm with temperatures between 80°F in March and 89° in May. Summers peak at 93°F in August. Fall temperatures reach 88° in October, then cool to lows of 62° in November. Winters are comfortable, stretching from mid November to February with lows in the 50s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Naples, FL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Naples, FL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Naples’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Original settlers in the area arrived in 1860. Two that are on record are Roger Gordon and Joe Wiggins. A few years later, two business men and public officials, decided to build a pier onto the Gulf of Mexico where ships could berth. Naples was the brainchild and result of Senator John Stuart Williams, a former Confederate general, and Walter Haldeman. Together, the Confederate general and the newspaper publisher built the city that essentially grew from stories that spread about the area being of mild climate and similar to the Italian peninsula. Slowly it began to be told, in the stories that built, that the area was better than Naples, Italy. Eventually it began to be known as Naples, and the name stuck.
The railroad arrived in 1927 and a link to Miami was established in 1928, but remained unused until the end of World War II. The Naples Municipal Airport, now busy airport serving private pilots as well as private jets, was built during World War II.
Places to Eat Near Naples Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Naples, FL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Brook’s Gourmet Burgers & Dogs on 9th St S: This is a slightly upscale version of burgers set in a cozy and casual environment. Prices are average, and they serve lunch and dinner. There is beer and wine served as well. It’s a good place for large groups and kids. They are open till 9pm, Mondays through Saturdays. Try the California Burger.
- Season’s 52 on Tamiami Tri N: Season’s is a Gluten Free restaurant serving new age recipes in a trendy environment at moderate prices. They have a valet as well as a private parking lot that is convenient. Dressing is casual and they are well suited for lunch and dinner. Try the Steak and Mushroom along any number of wines from their extensive list.
- Bistro 821 on 5th Ave S: Bistro 821 is a fusion restaurant that serves an eclectic mix or tastes in a casual environment. Prices are average and its well suited for dinner. There is ample parking on the street and they are open daily till 10.30 pm. Try the Goat Cheese Spring Rolls or the Miso-Sake Sea Bass.
- Taqueria San Julian 2 on Bayshore Drive: This is a restaurant and serves authentic Mexican food. The Tacos here are popular and the Ceviche is as well. Considering this is Naples, the food is cheap and the environment is casual, but a little divey. They serve beer and wine and specialize in a lunch menu. They do accept Credit Cards.
- USS Nemo on Tamiami Tri N: Nemo’s is an Asian fusion restaurant that is a little on the pricey side where the focus is on taste and presentation. The environment is classy yet casual. There is convenient parking. Reservations are recommended.The favorites here are the Yellowtail Snapper and the Pepper Jelly Calamari.
Things to do in Naples
Stepping out of your Naples, FL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
- Museum: The Naples Museum of Art located on Pelican Bay Blvd has a number of visual displays spanning across various mediums. It is a three story facility that has a n exhibition area totaling almost 30,000 square feet featuring 15 different galleries. There are paintings and sculptures here that are world renowned.
- Theater: The Naples Players is a local production of renowned plays and local sketches that perform in Naples. You will find interesting, hilarious and heartwarming plays and musicals like the Good People and Drowsy Chaperone. This place has been awarded awards of Best Live Theater for eleven consecutive years.
- Golf: The LaPlaya Beach & Golf resort located on Palm River Blvd is an 18-hole championship course designed by Bob Cupp and Ernie Smite. It was built in 1959 and is open all year. The Black tees play 6,488 yards for a par 72 with a slope of 127 and a rating of 72.2
- Parks: The Fleischmann Park locates on Fleischmann Blvd occupies 15 acres of landscaped greenery. It has toddler playgrounds, a lit football field, a number of picnic pavilions, basketball courts that are lit, sand volleyball courts and softball fields.
Whatever your reason for visiting Naples, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a Naples, FL furnished apartment that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.